9 months ago · 19 notes
Gossip Girl Finale Filming Set Report: Chair Scene Breakdown
Hey everyone, I wrote this post yesterday night after watching the Chair scene being filmed, but forgot to post it. Here you go.
Earlier this was filmed as the first scene: Jack & Chuck were talking, laughing & gambling. Then Jack walks away.
Chuck is still playing… then Blair comes up and sits down-and gets her own chips to start playing. He doesn’t look too surprised by her… they talk for a little while- and and she puts her hand on top of his - I am not sure if it was for comfort or affection or both (my guess is that it was both-by the look on her face). Then Chuck shoots a small smile to her and Blair moves her hand away and goes back to playing—while Chuck is still looking at her… she says something else with a side glance to him and then they cut. It was not a very long scene.
I know I am about to exaggerate heavily right now but I helped film the episode. LOL that was incredible. So I have let me break it down for you guys. I was taking notes and may or may not have a video for you. They filmed this at night.
Second unit (aka backgound aka extras) were all wearing formal wear. The extent of there interaction was walking behind the main players in the scene. There were about 20 to 30 of them- most of them coupled up or in a family type group.
Blair was wearing a cream colored trenchcoat with a light colored dress underneath.
Chuck was wearing a black suit with a long black jacket. As was his uncle.
The scenes were set up as follows:
- The first shot of them was walking out of the castle towards the limo. Chuck is on his cell trying to reach someone. Blair comes towards him and chuck turns his cell off and then begins to speak to Blair. They are standing about an arms length apart and Blair is looking dazed and upset. She is ignoring him (obviously upset about something). He asks “did you reach Serena?” Blair doesn’t respond. Chuck then yells, “Blair!” And she responds with a (what I call frustrated) sounding “no I didn’t… (trails off) I couldn’t hear them when as they went into their lower voices and I can’t read lips well- but I do know she did say “Dan” at one point- looking upset. Chuck grabs her hand and she walks away, pulling her hand away slowly… to leave Chuck looking towards the church he does not glance back at her… and they do not kiss.
- Then there was a quick scene between Blair and Chuck’s uncle (why can’t I ever remember his name- Jack?) where she looks equally pissed off and upset. And it actually seems as though that Jack was trying to comfort her… But I could have misread. The only lines I got from that scene is “Blair…”
Oh boy… Ed looked sexy and Leighton looked beautiful. Oh and no Georgina.
I just want to clarify it didn’t look like Blair was angry at Chuck. Just dazed, confused, and like she didn’t want to deal with anyone at the moment. I mean she didn’t really even care when he asked about Serena…
Chuck looked so forlorn after Blair walked away from during that scene.
- I’m confused, there’s a castle AND a church?
- Can’t wait for the abuse squad to complain about Chuck yelling at Blair.
- And ship her with Jack or something.
- Serena’s in trouble again?
- There goes our Blair is naked underneath theory :(